Tuesday 5 November 2013

time passes

A week has passed since writing my last blog .....i know this because I have just listened to the 4th and final Reith lecture on Radio4. I have found them so brilliant in so many ways ...so much food for thought that I feel I could cry.....so many thoughts triggered. Two quotes (and I will need to get the transcript) which touched me were 'An artists job is to notice things' and 'an artist is a pilgrim on a road to meaning'.
I have just looked at the list I made last week and I'm glad to have made that list......I have not completed everything on the list but I've done enough......done the things that mattered......the other stuff will just have to wait.
...... and time does pass.....on Saturday we move to England .....just 4 more sleeps before I leave this beautiful Celtic Isle of Man,33 miles by 14, population 85,000, in the middle of the Irish Sea. I moved here without ever having visited, 21 years ago, with a very small baby in my arms, who could now easily scoop me up in his.
All the items on the lists linked with the move have almost all been ticked off......nearly all the goodbyes said....just 6 more coffees......but perhaps these will be the hardest to drink with some of my closer friends...aurevoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment